Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Big Thanks to All for Year 2

Tomorrow I leave the frozen north to return to the much less frozen north of Namibia. I've had the most amazing month back home - despite the fact that it flew by in a blur - and want to thank everyone, family and friends, for all of the love and support that I received. My fundraiser in early December was a huge success! Due solely to your support I have been able to afford a second year of volunteering in Namibia. I was also able to purchase a class set of novels for my English classes, over 50 new books for the school library, school supplies and incentive prizes for my learners, teaching materials and classroom decor. I could not have done any of this without your generosity and overwhelming support. I can't even begin to express my gratitude.

2010 promises to be a year of new challenges, adventures and excitement and as sad as I am to be leaving my home here in Canada, I am equally excited to return to my home in Okahao. I promise to make an honest effort in relaying my experiences via blog regularly. If along the way you have questions, concerns, ideas or comments (or just want to say hi! :) please please feel free! My email contact and address are posted on my blog site.

All the very best in the New Year. Cheer Canada on for me as we rake in the Gold at the Olympics!

With much thanks and lots of love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment